Pipe Nightmare

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Okay, nightmare may be a bit too strong of a word for this, but bad dream for sure. I found this bench at an antique store years ago before Todd and I were married. I had the cushion made to go in my apartment living room at the time. When Todd and I got married we went with a little more masculine color scheme, and decorated the living room in blues and browns. Ever since then, this cushion has been concealed by an ugly blanket. (Good excuse to show off one of Brooke's photographs and tiny Avery)

I ordered this fabric for something else entirely, but when it arrived I just had to try making a new cushion cover for my bench. I used this tutorial for some general directions. Luckily, I had the original cover to use as a guide. The thick cording was a bit more difficult for me to sew than the little piping I did on Avery's dress. Then the corners of the cushion cover proved to be quite a test. You can see stitches and a few puckers here and there, but overall I am happy with the finish. (Just don't look too close.) This is as close as you're going to get.Oh, by the way, this is once again some of Jennifer Paganelli's fabric (Casey scroll). I think it's going out of print, so get it while you can.


1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground