I’m still playing around with my baked oatmeal recipe, and I think I have another winner. I had some cranberries hanging out in my freezer left over from Christmas. I love the cranberry orange combo, so I thought why not! I chopped one cup of the frozen cranberries.
Add added the zest of half an orange.
I always keep the bananas in the recipe because there is just something about the taste and smell of baked bananas that I can’t get enough of.
Baked and delicious!
Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup applesauce (natural, unsweetened)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanillla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp milk
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole cranberries, chopped
- 2 bananas sliced
- zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8”x8” baking dish and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk applesauce and eggs together. Add honey and brown sugar and blend well. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, zest and milk and blend well. Stir in the oats and flaxseed and mix until evenly distributed. Fold in the bananas and cranberries. Pour mixture into greased dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- If you find this too sweet, omit the brown sugar.
- If you like to dice and freeze ripe banana, they work great in this recipe.
- You can prepare this recipe the night before and bake it in the morning, just refrigerate it overnight.
- This recipe makes 9 servings.
- Check out this post for the Apple & Banana version.